Thanks to movies and TV shows, you probably think moving to a new home in another city or state is easy. The truth is that this is a painstaking process, particularly if you have a lot of things to pack and transport to your new home. This is why there is often a need to hire interstate removal services. Remember, though, that there are things you need to do before the removalists arrive to ensure a smooth moving process.
- Make sure all the cords are disconnected from your electronic devices (TV set, stereo, DVD, etc.). Roll and tie up these cords and then tape them to their respective devices. This makes packing and unpacking a lot less complicated and reduces the risk of losing any of the cords.
- Disassemble bulky furniture like beds and bookshelves so you can place them in relatively smaller boxes and maximize space in the removalist’s truck. Be sure to pack all the screws, nuts, bolts, washers, etc. and then tape them to the corresponding furniture the way you did with the cords and electronic devices.
- Make sure your refrigerator is defrosted and wipe it down to dry it completely before it is packed away. Do the same with your washing machine—drain all the water from the hoses and wipe the machine dry.
- Empty all gas storage containers. Remember that removalists cannot carry flammable materials.
- It’s best to use boxes instead of bags because bags have a tendency to rip and are a bit more difficult to carry. Be sure to label the boxes accordingly, so the movers will know which ones go where. Don’t forget to mark boxes containing glassware FRAGILE.
Considering that you’ll have to move several things of varying shapes and sizes from your old home to the truck and then to your new home, moving definitely needs a considerable amount of patience, strength, and stacking skills. This is why you need help from a professional removalist. So, find the right company that can serve your needs and start packing your things NOW. An early start means a lot less headache along the way.
Start by combing our website; even giving it a once-over will show you that, with our work methods and flexible pricing, we can effectively address your needs.